This is an express tour through the green spaces of Mount Gaiás on which you discover more than 40 hectares of green areas that surround the architectural complex, learn about its flora and fauna and stop to look at the main environmental aspects associated with these natural or recovered spaces.
Leaving behind the Gaiás Centre Museum, you briefly enter the Literary Garden and then walk along some of the paths of the Bosque de Galicia, the mountain’s great green lung, with 11,000 trees of autochthonous species (oak, chestnut, birch, common hawthorn, sycamore, common hazel, strawberry tree, ash, common beech, etc.) that increase the biodiversity of the zone and improve the environmental metabolism of Santiago, while helping to integrate the City of Culture into Santiago. You will also discover the children’s play areas in the Forest of Galicia and Balea Park, and the works of art housed in the exterior spaces of the Gaiás, with sculptural installations such as Espellos, by Manolo Paz, Zapatos no Camiño, by Francisco Leiro, or Leave here your fears, by Alicia Framis.
- Tour subject to alterations due to organisational issues.
- The indications of the staff must be followed at all times.
- The route includes uneven pavements, stairs and slopes on the mountainside, so it would not be suitable or would present difficulties for wheelchairs or mobility issues.
- Minors must always be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- For more details on the different guided tours available, click here.